EC-Win: Windows EtherCAT real-time platform
Windows EtherCAT Solution
EC-Win provides an industry proven open EtherCAT real-time platform for Windows systems. Thus it is possible to create extremely fast, deterministic real-time solutions that are based on this leading real-time Ethernet technology. Typical applications are motion controllers, PLC controllers or real-time measurement applications up to 20 kHz cycle. Core component of EC-Win is the powerful EC-Master Stack which was specifically optimized to match with the proven and reliable acontis Windows hypervisor and real-time technology, respectively.
EC-Win: The powerful real-time EtherCAT programming environment for Windows; a one-stop, single-source solution with an attractive price.
- Win32 real-time platform with Microsoft® Visual Studio® support for the non-real-time and real-time part of the software
- High speed: No interrupt latency impact
- EtherCAT Master Stack
- High Performance EtherCAT Drivers
- Distributed Clocks synchronization driver embedded into the hypervisor to achieve optimal EtherCAT synchronization
- EtherCAT Configuration and Diagnosis
The Windows Real-time Platform
- Available for Windows XP and Windows 7, 32-Bit and Windows 7 64-Bit
- Hypervisor: Windows and the real-time part (operating system) are safely separated
- Win32 programming environment available for the real-time part (preemptive multitasking, threads, events, semaphores, mutexes, ...).
- Fast high resolution system timer (resolution below 10 nanoseconds). Interrupt frequencies up to 25 kHz can be achieved
- SMP Support (symmetric multiprocessing): Using multiple CPU cores for both, Windows and/or the real-time part is possible. This is especially important for quad core CPUs etc.
- Virtual TCP/IP network between Windows and the real-time part. Thus the full functionality of the EtherCAT diagnosis features can be used
- Comfortable development and debugging environment using Microsoft® Visual Studio®
- Powerful graphical real-time analyzer tool
acontis technologies GmbH