MLG-2 ProNet Light Grids
With increasing levels of automation of systems or machines, the cabling work required also rises, which in turn increases the amount of project planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance work required. MLG-2 ProNet from SICK offers all the advantages of a measuring automation light grid now with integrated interfaces such as EtherCAT. Commissioning is quick and easy thanks to suitable function blocks. In the configuration software SOPAS, solutions are pre-installed allowing even complex applications like object width measurement to be easily configured. Automatic format conversion via fieldbus is also possible. With MLG-2 ProNet, SICK is offering a suitable solution for a variety of applications in production logistics and machinery construction.
At a glance:
- System self-diagnosis possible
- High-resolution light grid with 2.5 mm, 5 mm, 10 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm, 30 mm and 50 mm beam separation
- “High speed scan" function with three scan speeds
- “Transparent mode" function for detection of transparent objects
- Data compression: Run length coding
- Reduced cabling work saves time in planning and installation.
- Acyclic data communication enables access to diagnostic functions and format conversion.
- Integrated interfaces and suitable function blocks reduce commissioning work
- “High measurement accuracy" function for reliable detection of small objects
- “Transparent mode" function for reliable detection and measurement of transparent objects
- Configuration software SOPAS for more functions and direct access to MLG-2 ProNet
- “High speed scan" function offers fast response time for safe detection of fast objects
- Extensions or adjustments are easily carried out, guaranteeing flexibility and future viability