XMC4300 with EtherCAT®
The new XMC4300 microcontroller series further reduces complexity in EtherCAT® implementation and cost in factory automation, industrial motor control, I/O modules and robotics. The XMC4300 series was specifically developed for EtherCAT® industrial applications, where cost pressure places a premium on design flexibility, connectivity and performance without compromise to EtherCAT® communication features.
Like the XMC4800 the XMC4300 offers the EtherCAT® node on an ARM® Cortex®-M controller with on-chip flash and analog/mixed signal capabilities. There is no need for a dedicated EtherCAT® ASIC, external memory and crystal resulting in exceptional BOM cost and PCB space savings.
As a member of the proven XMC4000 microcontroller family with full pin and code compatibility, XMC4300 is designed to the same high quality and reliability standards as the rest of the family.
- EtherCAT® node on an ARM® Cortex®-M controller with seamless cost and performance migration paths between XMC4300 and XMC4800 devices
- Pin and code compatibility with the established XMC4000 microcontroller family
- Enablement of EtherCAT® under harsh conditions (125°C ambient temperatures)
- Guaranteed availability through 2031 or longer
- High volume production and samples available now
Infineon Technologies AG