The EtherCAT Server is providing EtherCAT master functionality. Thus the Server is offering support during the Start-Up process, testing phase and network diagnosis. With the use of an implemented standard TCP/IP interface every customer specific application is able to access the EtherCAT network. Access to the network doesn’t need any special hardware. Rather a standard Ethernet card is suitable.
Features of the EtherCAT Server:
- Access to the object dictionary via SDO up- and Download
- Support of FoE (File access over EtherCAT) e.g. firmware update
- Use of PDO services for sending and receiving process data (image of process data)
- Access to ESC (EtherCAT Slave Controller)
- Access to EtherCAT slaves via SII (Slave Information Interface)