In-Line Amplifier (ILA)
Dynamic, precise, ultra-compact, decentralized, in-line measuring amplifier for strain-gauge based sensors and transducers.
The GTM-ILA is used or installed “near” the force, torque (or other strain gauge based) sensor, which means the measuring process is decentralized, e.g. it takes place directly in the testing machine or in the field – thanks to the IP67 rating for all connections (sensor and system) also in harsh environments.
The decentralized design significantly shortens the required sensor measuring cables, which is especially important in terms of measuring performance, since the system topology is built on industrial RJ45 cables (CAT5 and upwards). Optionally, installation is of course also possible in a classic cabinet on a DIN rail.
The measuring amplifier is powered by Power over Ethernet (passive PoE). The ILA als has an integrated switch that allows fast and convenient connection of numerous ILAs, depending on the overall system topology.
The GTM-ILA requires a GTM-PWIN industiral power injector (passive PoE), or other suitable passive industrial power injectors, as the first device in the system topology.
ILA Key Facts at a Glance:
- Decentralized inline measuring amplifier
- Measuring input: strain gauge full bridge 80 Ω – 5 kΩ
- Measuring rate: 40 kS/s
- Bandwidth: 2 kHz
- Accuracy class: 0.01
- High resolution with 24bit sigma delta conversion
- Power supply via power over Ethernet (passive PoE)
- Distributed clocks (1 µS)
- IP rating: IP67
- Power supply via Power over Ethernet (passive PoE); notes: (1) not compatible with EtherCAT® P or PoE acc. to IEEE 802.3af
- Accessories like e.g. cable for transducers including matching M12 connector plug
GTM - Testing and Metrology GmbH