The fido5100 and fido5200 are programmable IEEE 802.3 10 Mbps/100 Mbps Ethernet Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) and Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) switches that support virtually any Layer 2 or Layer 3 protocol. The switches are personalized to support the desired protocol by firmware that is downloaded from a host processor.
The firmware is contained in the real-time Ethernet multiprotocol (REM) switch driver, and is downloaded at power-up. The REM switch can be ready for network data operation in less than 4 ms to support fast startup and quick connect type network functionality. The fido5100/fido5200 devices have the same signal assignments as defined in this data sheet.
Features and Benefits
- 144-lead CSP_BGA RoHS compliant package
- −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range rating
- 3.3 V input/output buffers
- IEEE 802.3, 10 Mbps/100 Mbps, half and full duplex, IPv6 and IPv4 communication
- 2 independent Ethernet ports: 1 MII and 1 RMII interface per port
- Support for all industrial protocols, incl. EtherCAT
- Host interface transfer rate: 32 bits per 28 ns
- Supports EtherCAT cycle times down to 12.5 μs