Evaluation Kit with EtherCAT Slave
The Evaluation Kit consists of a modular hardware platform. The Real-Time Ethernet-Module (RTEM) with Altera Cyclone III FPGA implements the EtherCAT Slave Controller and the protocol stack. The base board contains power supply connectors and different hardware interfaces to integrate the RTEM into devices for evaluation.
The hardware is delivered together with Altera development environment, sample programs with a dedicated device description file, FPGA reference designs, PLC projects, manuals and software and hardware descriptions.
- Altera FPGA Cyclone III C40
- 16 MByte DDR2-RAM
- 8 MByte Flash
- Two Ethernet ports with RJ45 connectors
- Beckhoff EtherCAT Slave Controller
- GPIO Interface with 40 signals, 3,3 LVTTL
- Different interfaces (Dual-Ported RAM, RS 485, RS 232, USB, CAN)
- Connector for USB blaster to program the FPGA on RTEM
- Push buttons
- EtherCAT Slave stack supporting CAN application protocol over EtherCAT (CoE) and Ethernet over EtherCAT (EoE)
- Simple Device Application Interface
- Real-Time Operating System eCos
- Sample Application including various IT functions (e.g. web server, E-Mail client)
- PLC program for TwinCAT
Support of other Real-Time Ethernet-Protocols with the same hardware and software is possible. The Simple Device Application Interface (SDAI) provides a single common interface to the protocol stacks.
Softing Industrial Automation GmbH