PAC 100 & 1000
Programmable Automation Controllers
MKS Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC) merge the features of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Industrial Personal Computers (IPC), to create an open standards, networked, programmable, flexible, and scalable PAC, all in a modular, DIN rail mountable enclosure. Compared to standard PLC's and IPC's, MKS PACs provide a more compact, customizable, high performance, and cost effective programmable control solution for a variety of control and automation tasks.
MKS PACs can be implemented as a comprehensive control platform for a single location or as an intelligent distributed node on a factory line providing localized and high speed I/O control, while logic locally. MKS PACs can be used to manage all IO control requirements with the ability to handle detailed execution tasks with various, commonly-used programming languages (supports IEC 61131-3 programming interface for recipe & logic development) and also provide extremely fast communication between modules for highly coordinated and deterministic control.
MKS PACs can interface directly with all MKS I/O slices via the MKS System Bus, or can be used in a distributed control system (DCS), supporting various fieldbus interfaces with other MKS I/O modules or other off-the-shelf slave nodes.
MKS Controls Workbench (CWB) software can be used with MKS PACs. CWB provides a simple, integrated solution for device configuration, process monitoring, data storage, system diagnostics, and autotuning.
Features & Benefits:
- Fully programmable controller supports standard IEC 61131-3 environment for seamless code portability and no locking you into a specific programming environment or vendor software
- Program template library supports common process applications, significantly reducing time to market
- Function block library supports various MKS devices for 'plug & play' implementation
- Quad core CPU available for high performance applications
- Fieldbus master for control via EtherCAT and other leading communication technologies
MKS Instruments, Inc.