A Very Compact, Cost-Effective, Panel Mount Intelligent Drive with an EtherCAT Interface
- Fully digital drive with embedded motion controller
- For brushless, DC brush, step & linear motors
- Motor supply: 12-80 V, logic supply: 12-36 V
- Output current: 20 A continuous, 40 A peak
- EtherCAT communication
- Drive enable circuit
- Incremental & absolute encoders, resolvers
- Size: 139 x 94 x 25 mm (~5.47 x 3.7 x 0.98 in)
Based on the MotionChip™ technology, iPOS8020 BX-CAT can operate either as a standard EtherCAT drive that accepts the CAN application protocol over EtherCAT (CoE), or as an intelligent drive that can be programmed to execute complex motion profiles directly at drive level, using its built-in motion controller and the high level Technosoft Motion Language (TML).
The iPOS8020 BX-CAT drive can work with EtherCAT communication cycles down to 200 µs for all working configurations: open loop micro-stepping or closed loop control of 2 or 3-phase steppers, DC brushed motor control, sinusoidal (FOC) or trapezoidal (Hall based) control of brushless motors.