ECLyser - EtherCAT Diagnosis
Powerful EtherCAT diagnosis application for bus verification, error detection and documentation
ECLyser is a diagnosis application especially developed to analyze EtherCAT bus systems that are controlled by the acontis AT-EM EtherCAT Master Stack. Automated control systems usually require high availability of the whole system. Due to the rough industrial environment this is often hardly to achieve. Possible reasons for failure are:
- bad cables or plugs
- system degradation (temperature, oxidation, mechanic failure, …)
- electromagnetic fields
If high availability shall be guaranteed for a automated control system it is important to verify and maintain the field bus. Using ECLyser it is possible to take a look into the "health" of the EtherCAT system. Detection of signs of system degradation prior to running into a system failure will be of great benefit. In that case it is possible to exchange the problematic components (cables, slave devices).
Many aspects of diagnosis are covered by the ECLyser:
- Useful for setting up the system
- System analyzation and maintenance
- Error detection
- Graphical bus topology display.
- Validate EtherCAT slave and master error counters and display the connection quality in the topology view.
- Define limits to determine connection quality (good, restricted or bad) that determine the behavior of the topology display view. Good connections will be diplayed green, restricted or bad connections in yellow or red, respectively.
- Via a simple click onto the appropriate node in the topology view detailed informations will be displayed:
- All available error counters (e.g. number of corruptly received Ethernet frames)
- General information like device name, EtherCAT address, Product Code, Revision etc. of the EtherCAT Slaves
- Additional information like Distributed Clocks and „Slave-State“
- Master informationen like „Master-State“, number of sent frames, number of lost frames
- For documentation purposes it is possible to store all current data (e.g. topology, slave info) into a XML file.
- Error and status messages (normally only available in the control system) will be shown in a separate log area
- Using a TCP/IP connection to a remote master it is possible to run diagnosis of a already running system at any time.
- ECLyser is shipped with an integrated EtherCAT Master that can be configured and controlled using a Control-Panel.
All data required by the ECLyser to display the topology view and provide system diagnosis will be directly transferred from the ETherCAT Master Stack (AT-EM) to the ECLyser diagnosis tool. As the AT-EM master stack provides a TCP/IP remote interface this can be accomplished by simply connecting the ECLyser with this interface. System analysis therefore will not require additional traffic on the EtherCAT bus. All information are directly taken from the EtherCAT master.
acontis technologies GmbH