EAI32 EtherCAT Precision Analogue Input Module
Race-hardened performance from Cosworth
Cosworth's EtherCAT-enabled analogue modules were developed to satisfy the demanding requirements of Formula One® aerodynamic testing and are ideally suited to all applications where performance, flexibility and resilience are paramount.
The EAI32 module offers up to 32 high precision, high speed +/-10V analogue inputs in a rugged, IP67 anodized aluminium housing. Input resolution is true 16bits, with outstanding accuracy (+/-0.03%FS) and repeatability. Sampling rates go up to 2kHz and the module can operate from a wide range of supply voltages (8 to 32VDC).
Individual inputs can be software configured as either single ended (up to 32) or true differential (up to 16) for maximum flexibility. Each of the two input connectors also offers four 0-10V programmable excitation outputs, two of which can be software configured as switchable (digital) outputs. Configuration is via any EtherCAT master, by writing to EtherCAT objects.
Connection to inputs is via two hight-density, military-grade microD connectors, whilst both the power and EtherCAT ports use industry standard M8 connectors.
Compliance with the EtherCAT standard allows integration with most major data acquisition systems, including Cosworth's own Pi Diablo SCADA software.
- Input ranges: +/-10VDC nominal (+/-12.5VDC FS) and +/-5VDC nominal (+/-6.125VDC FS)
- Input impedance: > 1GOhm
- Accuracy: +/-0.03% FS @ 25degC
- Repeatability: +/-8mV over one year and typical temperatures range
- Sampling at 2kHz, channel rates configurable 1Hz to 2kHz
- Filtering: single pole @ 500Hz, averaging over two channel periods
- Sensor excitation outputs: 8 in total, programmable +/-12.25V, 200Ma ea
- Size excluding connectors: 126 x 60 x 22mm
- Weight: 197g
- Operating temperature: 0 to +65degC
- Environmental protection: IP67
- Part Number 01M-606060
Cosworth Group Holdings Ltd